This is exactly why we moved here.
On our first trip here for 3 weeks when it came time to go home I started getting sick with a sore throat and all I could think of was I do not want to leave. Luckily fate had us miss our connecting flight in Houston and they put us up for the night to help easy back into going back to Toronto in the winter.
For me that first trip was it hook line and sinker. I knew could not settle any longer for the odd vacation (we never got away enough) and I knew it was crucial to my health and well being to get back here full time.
It took us two years (not sure why - think we were waiting for all new our friends to turn up too but did not know it at the time)
We often joke we were on Belize time long before we arrived. It is for sure a state of mind.