Originally Posted by collyk
Michelle, You'll be pleased to know you won't have to give up everything on your list. There is a grooming parlour in San Pedro called Pampered Paws, so Storm does not need to miss a Friday at the doggy spa. All of your favourite TV shows are available via our local cable service so you can get your dose of all the drama you want in your life. You can indeed have Amazon send your items to you here, so no need to worry about that either.

We don't miss much. I do miss theatre and a broad range of live music. Cheaper wine would be nice.

Having banana trees in our garden, being able to pick and eat fresh coconuts whenever we want, being able to eat fish as within an hour of catching it, cooking outside every day, spending 3 hours shopping because we bump into so many friends along the way, stew chicken rice and beans, conch ceviche, snorkeling with rays any time I want, dancing all night at community celebrations, green iguanas in the tree outside our window - those things are priceless.

heart Hooray! A ray of hope. Thank you for the encouraging response. I am really tired of living on the sand, and having the only fish available for $25 next door - be something that was farm raised from who knows where, who knows when?
I can see where Trader Joe's 2 buck Chuck would be missed by wine drinkers! Theatre here is not what it used to be . . . so could wait for trip home. I am thrilled to hear that you actually have a groomer! Storm would be a "sand monster" otherwise.
Regarding the IGUANAS . . . really? Outside the window ?


Michelle

Michelleinlaguna.pixplug.com

(sorry, @pixplug - was incorrect)