Elbert I wanted to let you know that I was recently in AC to see for myself what is going on with the road. It was important since we're considering a land purchase on the west side of the island. As SF Jeff said the road is driveable and extends from the east coast to the west coast. I hesitate to say the road is done because it is drivable from east to west but it isn't open to the public yet since they are still working on it. My husband and I ran into Mr. Mitchell at dinner and asked him point blank about the road and explained that we were looking to purchase land on the west coast and that we were concerned about the controversy noted in the blogs. I thought he was quiet honest about what has been completed and what their plans are for the immediate future. We were invited to attend a tour of GBE the following morning which we did. There were two other people also on the tour that had already purchased their lots in GBE and they were along to view their lots. We were up front about not purchasing in GBE but we were still invited to go on the tour to see for ourselves what has been done with the road.

We picked up the tour on the west coast at the GBE pier and took a truck into the sub division and then took the road through the back side of GBE to the east side. The road is high, dry and easily 100 times better than the north road out of San Pedro. They have only built the road up and haven't graded the road and it was still smooth and an easy ride in a large pick up truck. On the portion of the road that goes through the lagoon the road was built up very high and there is a very large "culvert" which I would consider more of a bridge but I'm not an engineer. It's made of concrete and is large enough for a smaller water craft to go under. There were other large large metal culvert pipes that were placed at various places along the road in the lagoon area and we were told that these culverts would be in place before the final grading was completed on the road. We were also told that since the road has been completed to the east side of the island GBE will be running power to their sub-division within a few months but they also said not to hold them to the time frame because there could be a million delays of one sort or another. I thought this was reasonable.

Overall we were impressed with the tour and the efforts they seem to be taking regarding the lagoon, the road and the power. There were some questions they couldn't answer but I never got the impression there was anything that they wouldn't answer. I also understood that their operation was determined to finish their plans for the sub-division, the road and power but at the same time they are trying to maintain as much of the lagoon and wildlife as possible while finishing the road.

Overall we were impressed with the project as it was presented to us and we were provided contact information should be have any additional questions.