Here's some GOOD news. Double Ditto on those Belikins!!
8:00 am (west coast). GOOD NEWS! Here's the latest I've heard from Tres Cocos and about friends Doug and Ali Campbell. Just got a call from Ali's Mom, Natalie, in Seaside, Oregon. She heard from Cris Berlin about 6:30 am (west coast). He reported that Doug anf Ali and Kitty Kitty were fine!!! Then at 7:30am, Natalie got a call from ALI who was able to get through on Bonsai's (Beto) cell phone. She related that Doug, Ali, Beto, and Kitty all weathered the storm at Campbell's house. Beto was going to spend that first night at our (Sherman's) house to keep an eye on the place but the storm came up too fast, so he stayed with Campbells. Ali said that their home is intact but palm leaning on it, McCleans home needs repair to roof, Sherman's home had damage to Bodega and back area of home. FAR better report than I expected! Ali says she expects no power for 6 months and that it is really difficult to get around in tres cocos due to debris everywhere. Doug's little boat operational, and they are able to get fresh water from the cisterns. Ali says they could use a crank radio; Cris wants Cigarettes!
I told Ali's mom to tell Ali to please get a list of specifics they need there and that I'm prepared to gather stuff and head down as soon as they advise it is practical. Will post more as I hear it.
Mike Sherman
sealrock@juno.com
Thanks so much Stan and Phyllis for the updates. Hope to meet you someday at the island for those Belikins!