Ambergris Caye is changing, some would say too rapidly, in trying to provide many things that tourists want in order to attract the tourist dollar. Having said that, I believe there is still a strong feeling with the local residents and San Pedranos that things like nudity are not acceptable behavior. They still feel, and I believe rightfully so, that this is "their" island and even though there is a strong temptation to provide what the tourist wants, their conservative and mainly Catholic upbringing frowns on things like nudity. When I first started coming to AC, it was unacceptable for a San Pedrano girl to be in a bar. That has obviously changed over time. But, many of the other types of behavior that is accepted in other tourists destinations is still frowned upon here.
And, I think that is one of the reasons so many of us like AC. When you come here, you get the feeling that you are being invited into a community as a welcome "guest". This shows in the attitude of the local people here and is what makes vacationing here different from going to a destination that's sole purpose is tourism.
Anyway, that is how I see it.