Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 6 … 24 25
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 1,520
Offline
Shuffles yes saw it, was thinking same thing, just didnt see any dimensions.

Quote
1. In the middle of the intersection? How wide will that make the road on either side?


Perhaps the fire chief and police chief could raise a few delicately phrased points behind closed doors? Safety is certainly an aspect worthy of pursuit...

Quote
*FLASH*...Late last night a fire razed several businesses and a major hotel to the ground while fire trucks and emergency responders stood by frustrated and unable to help as a result of their inability to access the area. The bucket brigade was ineffectual...Casualities are yet to be tallied and the owners are already discussing legal action against the City and Mayors office...

Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,198
Offline
maybe the same thing that happened to the Clock Tower in "Back To The Future" will happen to S P clock

Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 259
P
Offline
P
I'm glad to see others share my views. If someone else will provide the catapults I'll donate the gravel. I suppose guns are out of the question?

Joined: May 2011
Posts: 1,520
Offline
Originally Posted by PROBUS
I'm glad to see others share my views. If someone else will provide the catapults I'll donate the gravel. I suppose guns are out of the question?


Elbert knows where some cannon are....

Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 359
K
Offline
K
Maybe Ramons wants a flashing sign to advertise which restaurants are in U.S. dollars and which ones in Belize dollars

Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 5,563
Offline
When I was in Playa del Carmen last month and saw the avenue they had turned into a plaza I thought to myself "AH HA this is what Elza is trying to copy."
I totally understand that she does not care a twit about the upcoming election but you would think that her party would and might try to rein her in a bit.

I agree with all the comments on where the money could be better spent. What ever happened to first things first - like finish the park?

WHAT AN EYE SORE.


Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 3,054
Offline
I love clock towers.

In Belize my favorites are the clock tower in PG and of course the one on the Supreme Court building in Belize City, but there also are interesting ones in Corozal Town and Orange Walk Town.

But clock towers with video screens? Not so much.

--Lan Sluder

Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,972
Offline
The salty air will take care of both the clock and readerboards in time, but untill then, everyone will have an eyesore to deal with. SO UGLY it is. And the short sightedness behind it. ARGH


Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 7,075
Likes: 3
Offline
I absolutely hate the jumbo tron by Tropic Air and the awful, large bill boards that Ramon's has placed all over town. They aren't cute or attractive and they seem to belie the image that we continually strive to create - fun beach community - diving, fishing and sun worshipping. Kick off your shoes, sit a while and enjoy the breeze in the company of friends.

I wish they would at least fix the middle of the central park paving which I stumble on every time I go there.

First we leased the park to Captain Morgan's time share, now it's Ramon's Village - aren't there any other bigger bidders out there?

If anything modern were to be added to the park my vote would be for CCTV and a live internet feed so when we have events folks from around the world could watch.

Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,198
Offline
What is next? Port-O-Lets all over town square

Page 4 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 6 … 24 25

Link Copied to Clipboard
October
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 2,835 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,269
Posts500,182
Members20,769
Most Online20,577
Mar 30th, 2026
2



AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5