Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 25 1 2 3 4 … 24 25
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,748
Offline
1. In the middle of the intersection? How wide will that make the road on either side?

2. I'm sure this will have the "Be faithful to your husband" sign or some other religiously oriented sign flashing across it every 30 seconds or so, just like the one at the airport.

3. I already find the ones scattered around town obscene and they totally take away from what tourists find "different" about SP in that they are not continually consumed with advertising.

4. I have no doubt that Mr. Headrick wants to donate the sign. That's his "real" job, but in the middle of SP?


Change your Latitude
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 1,520
Offline
Originally Posted by shuffles
1. In the middle of the intersection? How wide will that make the road on either side?

2. I'm sure this will have the "Be faithful to your husband" sign or some other religiously oriented sign flashing across it every 30 seconds or so, just like the one at the airport.

3. I already find the ones scattered around town obscene and they totally take away from what tourists find "different" about SP in that they are not continually consumed with advertising.

4. I have no doubt that Mr. Headrick wants to donate the sign. That's his "real" job, but in the middle of SP?


Category - Usefulness and Intent

#1 - Adverse affect on traffic control in an already congested area

Category - Cultural Suitablity

#1 - Conflicts with Inherent Charm

#2 - Abandonment of historic values in rush to modernize

Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 94
A
Offline
A
Come on folks, as a once a year visitor we come down to get away from the electronic media. Tear it down. please.

Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 420
Offline
All I can say is... "What were they thinking!".


A hug is the shortest distance between friends. ~ Author Unknown
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 72
A
Offline
A
I come to San Pedro to not care what time it is. Island time is all I need. Alot of projects seem to be more important then this. The youth programs and crime control come to mind.

Joined: May 2011
Posts: 1,520
Offline
Originally Posted by AT602
I come to San Pedro to not care what time it is. Island time is all I need. Alot of projects seem to be more important then this. The youth programs and crime control come to mind.


Originally Posted by awhatukeeguy
Come on folks, as a once a year visitor we come down to get away from the electronic media. Tear it down. please.


Category ~ Original Thought
*New!!!*

#3 - Negative Visitor Perception (potential loss of tourism dollars)

Joined: May 2011
Posts: 1,520
Offline
Originally Posted by tortuga.chica
All I can say is... "What were they thinking!".


Category - Origin of Project

#1 - Who what when where why?

Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 732
S
Offline
S
Holy F#@!, is that gonna be ugly. At least tourists now will no where to go to get "shrimps that are cooked on stones."

Wouldn't it make more sense to, I don't know, say finish or fix the rest of the park first, the parts that look like crap?

How about the beach in front of "Daddy Roc"??? (or for that matter, Daddy Roc itself -you'd think for all the $ they spent inside the club, they could have spent a few $'s on the outside. "Hey guys, they actually DO make conduit you can run your air-conditioning wiring through for a clean/organized appearance." What an eye sore that place is and it's NEW!)

Central park used to be fantastic... the street vendor stalls were fitting, the place was welcoming and it used to be a focal point for tourists. Nowadays, if I were a tourist, I'd high tail it past there, especially at night. The park is a dump.

Joined: May 2011
Posts: 1,520
Offline
HoliGeez, well Jeff I'm at a loss of words to catgorize any of that other than:

Category *NEW* - TOTAL OUTRAGE!!

#1 - TOTAL OUTRAGE


Quote
the park is a dump


yeah and its headed to be a garishly lit dump now; one has to wonder if the sponsor would be so generous if the "organic" screens were removed...christos meos

Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,822
JZB Offline
Offline
What about the people who live on the second story of front street. Were they consulted?

How about we just change the name from San Pedro Town to Ramon's Village? jeez.

Page 2 of 25 1 2 3 4 … 24 25

Link Copied to Clipboard
October
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,143 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,269
Posts500,182
Members20,769
Most Online20,577
Mar 30th, 2026
2



AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5