Not to disagree with Marty, who knows a lot more about Ambergris Caye than I do, and I've stayed at both places and like them both a lot, but I wouldn't say either has a great beach. Mayan Princess is right in the middle of town and while it's on the water with great views from the one-bedroom apartments, and a sandy area to relax in, this is not an area which has good swimming (due in part to boat traffic), plus there's a good deal of foot traffic along the beachfront here, which is used as a public walkway. The SunBreeze also has a great location at the south end of town, but it doesn't have much of a beach either -- it's just some sand and a seawall. It does have a great pool, though, and a pretty good swimming beach is close by at Ramon's.

--Lan Sluder
Belize First Magazine http://www.turq.com/belizefirst/


Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com