We all tout what we love! I've stayed at Tradewind's twice, Rocks Inn (now Blue Tang) and Lily's. I've watched Fountain Blue being built and can hardly wait to see the inside and how much they sell for. All these are different and each suited to different needs..
There are tradeoffs for everything.
Tradwinds was very upscale with separate bedroom, kitchenette, dining and living area as well as porch and pool. This was very romantic.
I moved to Rock's when I stayed on alone and had a 2nd floor front jr. suite. Quiet, private and peaceful.
Lily's is sparse but clean. Advantage was group of single people and Lily's has two double beds to each room. Rooms are small; veranda right on the beach is great place to meet people. And best of all the charming young couple who run Lily's restaurant will serve your food right in front of your room.
Since Lily's is right down town and I am "early to bed, early to rise (ONLY when on vacation) I found it rather noisy.

IMHO you need to make yourself a list of expectations then do your research. What one person means by "beach" is not what another means. Having grown up in Oregon - yes Marty - with mile wide sand beaches if you could see anyone else you were invading their space. On the Mediterranean and NY beaches people line up like cars in a parking lot.
When you speak of swimming in the ocean do you mean playing in the waves or long distant swimming? There are no waves inside the reef. If you snorkel under the docks you can see all kinds of interesting stuff. You just have to not enter/exit in the boat lanes. Night diving under the docks is wonderful.
If swimming just means cooling off, then go to a place with a pool.
Then decide how much you want to pay per night. I tell my friends I can get you a place for $25 US or $125 US per night. Just know there is a BIG difference -- you get what you pay for.

Boy, did I get windy?


Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles