Belize is not for everybody. It is not for women who want to pampered and feel "safe" at some 5 star high-rise hotel. My 2 cents says, leave her at home before she ruins your vacation. Yeah Susanngg, they've got trouble brewing. I traveled to belize with 4 other women (never again) and three went home early. They never relaxed or took the time to get to know the people. They worried endlessly about the same thing DAT's wife is worrying about (mosquitoes, crime?, the commuter plane, the hurricanes, who's picking us up at the airport, etc). Even though we stayed at the most beautiful 5 bedroom villa on san pedro (casa tortuga) with a cook and maid they were never happy. I forgot about them and went on day trips everyday so they wouldn't ruin my vacation (they didn't) and came back to our villa with a smile on my face each day. Belize is heaven on earth (the snorkeling, the people, bicycling into town, the day spa at maruba, water taxis, the stars, the ruins). Even though I took the malaria pills, it gave some in my party diarrea. Yes, bring plenty of bug spray (deet), but funny how the natives don't seem to wear any. And yes, I wandered around san pedro barefoot and at all hours of night. (No shirt, No shoes, No problem) Met some beautiful people. Yes, I will go back to belize only without the stick-in-muds (Been there, done that). You Betta Belize It!!!!!