One of my favourite repeat guests has goaded me into giving myself a "promo". My website needs an update and some guidebooks incorrectly state that our breakfast is "continental" and imply that Changes In Latitudes is not a true B&B. I lurk on the board and often see people looking for the type of accommodation we offer. Designed for active, sociable people who don't want to pay a high end price but want a good standard of lodging. So from this 10 year "Sanpegringa" here is my blatant "ad" for my digs......

My rooms are definitely not for the Holiday Inn crowd. They are "bedrooms" that have comfortable beds, air conditioning, fan and private entrance and bath. Upgraded annually, we take pride in the cleanliness, privacy and security of the Inn. Prices include a full cooked breakfast of juice, tropical fruits, coffee or tea (bottomless cups), cereal and a variety of Belizean and North American offerings. Everything from French Canadian crepes and sausage to eggs, fryjacks and refrioles. Checking breakfast menus around town, I would value our breakfast at 8 US per person if you bought a comparable breakfast elsewhere. So I hope potential guests factor this when comparing the value of moderate lodgings. I offer a slightly lower rate than posted on my website //www.ambergriscaye.com/latitudes on a direct booking over the net.

We don't offer an official "package deal" but I truly enjoy customizing activities for my guests on a voucher basis so that payment for "in country air", lodging and activities can be made at the end of the stay. This enables me to ensure that my guests have, professional safe and personable guides. All of "my guides" are Belizeans as is my small staff. I consider the people in my adoptive country to be the number one reason to visit!


The other plus's to consider are,

Location: 10 minute stroll from town. Extra amenities such as: Use of fridge, stove, microwave, barbeque and blender! Laundry service. Ice cold Belikin beer delivered by the case on request (Remember I'm an ex-pat Canadian...beer is our religion!). Personal welcome and orientation on arrival. Information guide to activities, dining and entertainment.

Punta dancing shows and lessons on the upstairs verandah, exchanging travel tales with the other guests, Pinta my "lizard eating" calico cat (never in the guest rooms so no worries of those with allergies),, tons of hints on what to bring and how to save money on your visit

As Windjammer says, the photo on my website is dated as we are constantly making improvements and adding to the garden etc. I will send a new pic to Marty manana!