Wes, if you are interested in those two places (a mistake for you IMNSHO) then you should consider that Capt. Morgan's has a pool, whereas Portofino does not.

And you should also know, that I have walked all over San Pedro, at all hours of the day and night, sober and somewhat to less than sober, with friends and without. I've even walked many, many times at night past the spot between Crazy Canuks and the Yacht Club. Nary a problem as yet, but I had also noticed that it might not be the greatest place for me to be alone in the dark.

You just need to keep alert, walk with authority and as if you know exactly where you are going and that it is obvious to anyone watching you that you are wary. Don't look like a victim and chances are good that you won't be.

Bad things can happen to us at home too, when we least expect it.

Like I said before, there are places here at home, that I wouldn't walk around at night with $400 in my wallet. Heck, I wouldn't walk around them at night with $4 in my wallet. Just be careful, just like you would be at home.


A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?