OK buddy, Capt. Jeff. Points well made. But to further the argument, let me respond. Now I advance this with the premise that what is being sold is legal and no laws are broken in the selling process. For this discussion I will not even concede that the sales person has any moral or ethical obligations to determine whether the buyer can afford, needs, deserves, wants, will be happy with the purchase for the rest of their life or anything else. The buyer is the only person that has all of the knowledge necessary to make those decisions and it rest solely with the buyers personal responsibility to do so. Now I happen to personally believe there is a need for morals and ethics in sales, but that has been found to be hard to legislate and the market place is much better suited to handle that.

My position in this discussion is that the sales person's only job is to get the buyer to sign on the bottom line and his income is solely dependant on that. That is why I brought up selling cruises. I do not believe it is your sales peoples job to determine whether the cruise business is good or bad for Belize and therefore whether or not they should sell a cruise that stops in Belize.

For you to suggest that the timeshare sales person has any obligation other than to sell at the best of his ability his product - in a legal way- would seem to also suggest that your salespeople, or any sales persons, would have similar obligations. I do not see that as their responsibility.

The decision to buy, and the responsibilities that come with that, lies solely with the buyer.
Caveat Emptor, Caveat Emptor, Caveat Emptor!!!

I further dispute your position as it seems to be based on no timeshare sale ever having a happy purchaser. I know personally people who own timeshares and are happy with their purchase. Further, I think you might be the one to exaggerate in attempting to make your point by inferring that everyone who buys a timeshare is investing their life savings. Reality is they are probably spending about half of the timeshare cost on their current vacation, or at least a substantial portion of it. Probably not close to their life savings. I don't think you are giving these people enough credit.

And, the last cruise I took was about the same cost as a weeks time share in many places.