ke if and when I return to san pedro I will definitely steer clear of protech and will dive with amigos del mar. Originally I had the refresher dive scheduled with amigos del mar but had to wind up canceling it when I found out that the phone lines were down and I could not get cash from the ATM. Only later did I realize that I could possibly pay by credit card. When I set out to walk up to amigos del mar from BB I found that I was hot and sweaty and tired by the time I reached protech so decided to try them out and what a mistake. If I do return I definitely will not stay that far out of town either, not really much to do at night way down there. After the 3rd or 4th day I smartened up and passed up the walk up the beach for walking the road and hitchhiking. I found that most tourists and some locals were very eager to offer a ride on their golf cart, although I did have a few locals pass me up and yell out some smart ass comments while I was attempting to thumb a ride.
Overall a good experience on AC, I enjoyed everything I did there from the snorkeling to the fishing with cpt bicho to the diving to the lamanai trip. I would return to AC but only after I visit other destinations that I have on my list first.