So Elsa wants to know what the "entire population of San Pedro" thinks about this... well, I haven't conversed with the entire population about it, but I have talked with taxi drivers, fisherman, store owners, etc who arguably represent a very diverse and very non-gringo demographic.
The feedback I'm getting is first and foremost that this whole thing is a complete joke, or at least a great subject to joke about. Boy you should hear some of the jokes being made about it by the locals, I was crying laughing in a taxi the other day!!!
The second thing I hear is a resigned inevitability that it is going to happen regardless of what anyone else things/says/does... The locals have seen SO many projects rubber stamped and pushed through w/ out due process before, why should this be any different.
Then there's the whole "$150,000 donated to build it" worry... $150K? That's according to Richard Headrick. What the locals think is that the town is getting $150K and is going to build say, a $75K clock, THAT'S what the LOCALS think. Good luck getting any transparency as to where the $'s for this goes.
The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.